First, we recommend reading this reflection on lay ministry by ECMN’s own Liza Anderson: The Priesthood of all Believers: The Uses & Abuses of a Doctrine.
- Vestry Resource Guide, from the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF)
The Vestry Resource Guide focuses on the importance of lay and clergy leadership teams, and includes comprehensive information and advice about the ministry of the vestry.
Find a PDF here or buy a hard copy here.
- Vestry Papers (ECF) offers vital practices for leading congregations.
Racial Justice and Healing
- The Intercultural Development Inventory is a incredible resource and tool. Learn more here.
- The Intercultural Development Inventory is a key part of the School for Formation’s course, Building Bridges Across Culture and Race. Click here to learn more and register for this course.
- ECMN has qualified IDI administrators who can help work with a congregation or vestry around intercultural development. Reach out to Rachel Babbitt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Susan Daughtry (email@example.com).
- Financial Resources Guide (ECF)
The Financial Resources Guide provides a framework for conversations about finance, stewardship, budgeting, funding strategies, and management practices. We can mail you copies of this! Just let Jennifer Gamberg know: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can find copies here.
- Spirituality of Fundraising by Henri Nouwen
- Remember the Future by Jerry Kuecher
- The School for Formation is an amazing homegrown resource.
See courses offered here or sign up for the monthly newsletter here.
- Check out on-demand courses here.
- The Rev. Susan Daughtry, your Missioner for Formation, is always happy to talk! Schedule a meeting here.
Data Management & Networking
Realm Connect Database: Realm is the database to which 1101 W. Broadway has switched. If your faith community is, will be, or even might be looking to switch to a new database, please join us for a demo on this software. There are a number of benefits, not the least of which is that you will not be alone! Please complete THIS SURVEY to help us find a day and time that may work for the majority of those interested. Please don’t hesitate to contact your Missioner for Networking, Sandra Stevenson, with questions: email@example.com.
Other ECMN Resources
Stay in Touch!
The best way to stay up to date with what’s going on in the diocese is to sign up for the weekly news. If you have things to share with your fellow Episcopalians around the state, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last but not least, your Missioners are always happy to help you find what you need or to act as thought partners. You can find all our contact information here.