Previously called ‘Missional Leadership II’
Online: October 9, 2017 – May 28, 2018
Three in-person meetings:
- November 4 at the ECMN Retreat Center in Faribault
- February 3 at the ECMN Retreat Center in Faribault
- Saturday, June 2 at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, St. Paul
- A team of 2 – 4 lay and/or ordained leaders from any ECMN faith community, excited work together to try out missional experiments in their faith communities. This is who the course is built for.
- Anyone interested in trying out missional practices in their faith community is welcome! Having a buddy from your faith community is not required.
- Those in formation for Holy Orders are invited to bring a few members of their sponsoring or internship faith community to learn with them.
- Missional Leadership I is helpful as a pre-requisite but not required.
- Read and Respond Online: The online course is structured in monthly segments, with a few chapters to read, a discussion question to respond to on the Moodle page, and the chance to engage in dialogue with other members of the course.
- Practice in your Context: Get together weekly with the members of your faith community taking the course for about an hour (in person, or by phone or video — at a time that suits you!) to read Scripture, pray, reflect, and try out the practices you are reading about. You may want to set a typical weekly gathering time and place. You can invite other members of your faith community to join you for these conversations and experiments!
- Networking with Course Members: Three in-person gatherings (dates and locations listed above) will bring together the members of the course to try out new missional practices, deepen relationships with other Episcopalians across Minnesota, and reflect together on what you’re learning from the experiments in your faith community.
Instructor: The Rev. Blair Pogue, D.Min., Rector of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in St. Paul
Required readings: To Be Announced
Cost: $300 total per faith community, for a team of 1 – 4 participants. You’ll need each person’s name, email, and cell phone number so you can register together.
The Rev. Blair Pogue, D.Min. has been the rector of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in St. Paul since 2005. Before that she was the Associate Rector for Adult Christian Formation at Church of the Holy Comforter in Vienna, Virginia. A desire to understand God’s missional nature as well as the changing nature of church leadership led her to undertake a Doctor of Ministry in Congregational Leadership and Mission at Luther Seminary. She grew up in a secular family in Southern California, and is interested helping those inside and outside the church participate in God’s life more fully by developing a biblical imagination and engaging in intentional spiritual practices including prayer, simplicity, discernment, hospitality, generosity, gratitude, and reconciliation.