These gatherings, brought to you by the School for Formation, and hosted by Bishop Loya, are held weekly on Tuesdays at 2pm gathering for clergy and lay faith community leaders. This is our time to stay in relationship with one another, and learn and grow together.
During these gatherings, there will be time at the beginning to hear about updates and recommendations based on our current situation, but after that, we’ll spend time engaged in formation on a specific topic, and then break off into small groups for discussion, sharing, unpacking, idea-generating, and connecting with others across the state who are learning to lead through the long winter.
September 1: LeaderWise will lead us in learning and discussion on the topic of courage in a pandemic.
- September 8: An informal opportunity to check in with ourselves and one another.
- September 15: ECMN Convention 101 – we’ll preview what to expect and where to plug in and participate at this year’s online convention.
- September 22: Bishop’s Book Club: “Jesus and the Disinherited” by Howard Thurman
- September 29: NO GATHERING
- As we move into the coming months, we’ll adopt the practice of taking the 5th Tuesday of the month (if there is one) as a Sabbath.
Upcoming Bishop’s Book Club titles:
September: “Jesus and the Disinherited” by Howard Thurman
October: “Living into God’s Dream: Dismantling Racism in America” by Catherine Meeks
November: TBADecember: “The Wisdom Pattern” by Richard Rohr
August 11: Hebrew scholar Melissa Tubbs Loya will lead us in a discussion focusing on the spiritual practice of lament, understood through the lens of the Old Testament.
August 18: We’ll spend time talking thorough the latest updates on the pandemic and will invite members of ECMN’s building use task force to answer questions.
August 25: Session 2 of the Bishop’s Book Club will focus on The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James Cone.
The Cathedral Book Shop will stock The Cross and the Lynching Tree and other books in the Bishop’s Book Club.
You can register once and gain access to each of these offerings by clicking here.