Online: February 5, 2018 – April 2, 2018
In Person: March 3, 2018 at St. John’s School of Theology in Collegeville
All baptized Christians are baptized for the ministry of worship and service in Christ’s Church and in the world. In the Episcopal Church, that ministry takes many shapes, including the call to ordained ministry as bishop, priest or deacon. This seven week on-line course will focus on issues of discernment, vocation, spiritual formation, community-building and the sacramental life for people who feel called to (or are currently engaged in) lay, diaconal or priestly leadership. Lay leaders in ECMN faith communities are especially encouraged to apply. Format is participatory and experiential, responsive to each student’s community context, with emphasis on peer learning through weekly on-line posts reflecting on shared readings and the student’s own experiences of church leadership
Instructor: Jason Fout, Associate Professor of Anglican Theology at Bexley+Seabury.
- Book of Common Prayer
- Book of Occasional Services
- Changes: Prayers and Services Honoring Rites of Passage (Church Publishing, 2007)
- Enriching Our Worship 5: Liturgies and Prayers Related to Childbearing, Childbirth, and Loss (Church Publishing, 2009).
- Gatta, Julia and Martin L. Smith, Go in Peace: The Art of Hearing Confessions (Morehouse, 2012).
- Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music, “I Will Bless You and You Will Be A Blessing”: Resources for the Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant in a Same-Sex Relationship. Liturgical Resources 1 (Church Publishing, 2012).
- Additional short readings posted to Moodle.
Cost: $300 Register here.