Four resources here for you as you consider how to speak publicly about gun violence:
- Wondering how to crack open the gun policy conversation in a polarized environment? Gun Reform: Speaking Truth to Bullshit, Practicing Civility, and Effecting Change by Brené Brown will challenge you to get beyond the all-or-nothing frame that has dominated our national discourse about gun policy.
- From my own blog: Tell the truth without scorn.
- Want to know what the kids in your faith community need from you? A Ninth Grader’s Open Letter to Preachers After the Florida Shootings at Backstory Preaching will give you a head start.
- Ready to take some steps toward a different future? Bishops Against Gun Violence has put out a recent call to action.
- Ready to talk about this with members of your faith community? Bishops Ian Douglas and Eugene Sutton created the short study, A Christian Response to Gun Violence — set up for individuals and for groups, and you can access them for free thanks to our partnership with ChurchNext. Here’s a short teaser:
In prayer and in faithful action,