Meets in person on Saturday, October 6, 2018
Meets online from October 6 – November 26, 2018, with videoconference dates to be announced
New in 2018, a course that speaks to the big WHY — God’s mission. Walk through weekly videos, readings, and conversations with others on the journey to frame your understanding of what God is up to in the world, how our faith communities can join in, and the particular Episcopal vision that helps us find our part in God’s work.
Learners will be introduced to foundational ECMN tenets in being leaders in today’s Church by learning a bit about:
- Missional Theology – meeting God in the neighborhood,
- Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement – evangelism is alive and well through the witness of Jesus,
- Beloved Community – how being in relationship with all of God’s people is both critical and difficult,
- Baptismal Covenant – our charge is clear in the promises we’ve made; and
- Through the lenses of all the above, how the Ministry of All the Baptized live out their call in the uniqueness of each of the Four Orders of the Episcopal Church: laity, deacons, priests and bishops.
Required readings: To be announced
Instructor: Karen Olson, ECMN Missioner for Ministry
In 2018, as we pilot this course, enrollment is limited to those in discernment for Holy Orders in ECMN, discernment facilitators, and Commission on Ministry members.